Re: Current OpenGL state machine chart?

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Current OpenGL state machine chart?
From: "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:26:48 +0100
Sender: ogl-sample-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dave,

 >    The version that's currently out there is from an old SGI tool
 > named "Showcase".

 Ah, the good old times :-)  Our SGIs around here have Showcase
 installed.

 > I've ported it to Adobe Illustrator, and a new version will be
 > accompanying the next edtition of the OpenGL blue book.

 That's good news.  I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but is there
 any chance of having the diagram published at the opengl.org website
 before the book comes out?  The book is scheduled for publication in
 March, so I guess people could wait.  My copy is full of
 annotations already :-)

 > However, that version, being consistent with the contents of the
 > book, won't have exactly what you're looking for yet.

 That's ok, I can annotate it again.  Having a 1.4 state machine diagram
 is a big plus.

 > Once I get the blue book done, I'll make those additions for the
 > vertex and fragment programs.

 Cool, thanks!

--
Marcelo