Re: glext.h updates for OpenGL shading language???

To: John Stone <johns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: glext.h updates for OpenGL shading language???
From: "Marcelo E. Magallon" <marcelo.magallon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:11:59 +0100
Cc: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: ogl-sample-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:17:03PM -0600, John Stone wrote:

 >   Is there any chance we'll see updated glext.h/glxext.h/wglext.h
 > headers posted to the OpenGL SDK site any time soon?:
 >   http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html
 >
 > Specifically, I'd like to see an updated glext.h that includes the
 > new OpenGL 1.5 ARB extensions for the OpenGL shading language.  (i.e.
 > glUseProgramObjectARB(), glUniform3fvARB(), ..... and the various
 > GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects
 > #defines....)

 I hope it's ok for me to plug this here: take a look at GLEW,
 http://glew.sf.net/, a library that eases the use of OpenGL extensions.
 Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors of that library.  It includes
 support for currently available OpenGL extensions, with a couple of
 exceptions (SGI extensions to GLX, IIRC).  It's very easy to use, very
 portable, and we have paid attention to portability.  It works on
 Windows, Linux, MacOS and IRIX.

 HTH,

    Marcelo