Re: [ogl-sample] .spec file syntax for assignments

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] .spec file syntax for assignments
From: Sven Panne <Sven.Panne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 15:33:09 +0100
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
"Marcelo E. Magallon" wrote:
>  [...] but since I never saw any effect coming out of said reports,
> I didn't send further ones.

Perhaps we could collect the errata for the .spec files/scripts in a
single place and make them publicly available. This shouldn't rival
the official place in any way, it should be more like e.g. "The Java
Spec report" (http://www.ergnosis.com/java-spec-report/). It's a waste
of resources if everybody discovers the bugs on his/her own again and
again.

BTW, I just had a look at Mesa's bin/APIspec:

   # This file describes all the OpenGL functions.
   # We use a number of Python scripts to parse this file and
   # generate some source files.  We used to use the SGI gl.spec
   # file but that got to be a PITA.

The Mesa people don't seem to be very happy with the state of gl.spec and
friends, either... :-))

> [...] After  some poking arround I came to the arbitrary conclusion
> that the 'doc' version is the canonical one. [...]

I guessed the same thing, but perhaps somebody on this list could give
an "official" statement about the relationship of the two directories.

Cheers,
   S.