Re: [ogl-sample] Description for .spec files?

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Description for .spec files?
From: "Marcelo E. Magallon" <marcelo.magallon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:12:54 +0200
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi John,

 > There isn't a formal description of the .spec file. Ask away.

 I think I figured out all I needed.  In case I find something I don't
 understand I'll ask here.  I do have one problem though...

 I'm parsing enum.spec and I found the following undefined references
 ("use Foo_enum BAR"):

PixelFormat{LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX}
PixelFormat{R5_G6_B5_A8_ICC_SGIX}
PixelFormat{LUMINANCE16_ICC_SGIX}
PixelFormat{ALPHA16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{INTENSITY16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{INTENSITY_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{RGBA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE_ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{RGB_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{R5_G6_B5_A8_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{ALPHA16_ICC_SGIX}
MapTarget{TEXTURE_DEFORMATION_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{R5_G6_B5_A8_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{RGBA_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{LUMINANCE_ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{INTENSITY_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{LUMINANCE_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{INTENSITY16_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{RGB_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{LUMINANCE16_ICC_SGIX}
PixelInternalFormat{ALPHA16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_polynomial_ffd{DEFORMATIONS_MASK_SGIX}
SGIX_polynomial_ffd{TEXTURE_DEFORMATION_SGIX}
GetPName{DEFORMATIONS_MASK_SGIX}
MaterialParameter{DIFFUSE}
MaterialParameter{SPECULAR}
FfdTargetSGIX{TEXTURE_DEFORMATION_SGIX}
LightProperty{DIFFUSE}
LightProperty{SPECULAR}

 sorry about the hideous format, I was trying to figure out why my
 script was leaving some stuff undefined... it's enumName{enumKey}.
 Looking for, say, LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX in the enum file you'll
 note that PixelFormat references it, but SGIX_icc_texture is commented
 out, which means the definition for LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX doesn't
 exist.  I'm parsing the file in one pass, which is why my script
 "knows" about SGIX_icc_texture (PixelFormat references it, my script
 notes this and leaves it undefined).  The list of referenced undefined
 symbols is:

SGIX_icc_texture{INTENSITY16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{INTENSITY_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE16_ALPHA8_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{RGBA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE_ALPHA_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{RGB_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{R5_G6_B5_A8_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{LUMINANCE_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_icc_texture{ALPHA16_ICC_SGIX}
SGIX_polynomial_ffd{DEFORMATIONS_MASK_SGIX}
SGIX_polynomial_ffd{TEXTURE_DEFORMATION_SGIX}
LightProperty{DIFFUSE}
LightProperty{SPECULAR}

 as I said, SGIX_icc_texture is commented out.  SGIX_polynomial_ffd
 looks like:

# SGIX_polynomial_ffd enum:
        GEOMETRY_DEFORMATION_SGIX                       = 0x8194
        TEXTURE_DEFORMATION_SGIX                        = 0x8195
        DEFORMATIONS_MASK_SGIX                          = 0x8196 # 1 I
        MAX_DEFORMATION_ORDER_SGIX                      = 0x8197

 that is, the enum line is commented out but the keys are not (hmm... I
 have to split on '^#+$' afterall...).  LightProperty is actually
 LightParameter.

--
Marcelo