Re: [ogl-sample] missing headers

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] missing headers
From: Dave Shreiner <shreiner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:29:35 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi David,

> the X-headers:
>
> misc.h
> dixstruct.h
> pixmapstr.h
> gcstruct.h
> extnsionst.h
> resource.h
> scrnintstr.h
> xf86Version.h
> extutil.h
>
> included in /usr/src/OpenGL/glx/server/glxserver.h are missing from
> XFree86-devel-3.3.5-3.i386.rpm and also from the latest version.
> where are they?

   They are distributed with the XFree86 Source code release that you
get from XFree86.  I don't believe (but I'm not sure) that the source
code for the X server (XFree86) is distributed in an RPM format.

   In order to build the OpenGL Sample Implementation, you will need to
be able to build an XFree86 X server, which the OpenGL SI will be linked
into.  You can grab those bits from http://www.xfree86.org.  Building an
X server isn't terribly complicated; the magic is in one file named
"host.def", that is discussed somewhat in the OpenGL SI's README.1st
file that's located in the "main" directory of the SI's CVS tree.

   Hope that helps.  Please ping the list again if you need additional
assistance.  Good luck.

--

Thanx,
Dave

   Dave Shreiner                                   <shreiner@xxxxxxx>
   Silicon Graphics, Inc.                            (650) 933-4899