[ogl-sample] Building from scratch

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ogl-sample] Building from scratch
From: Pierre Cyr <pierre.cyr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:47:21 -0500
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have been building a Linux from scratch (www.linuxfromscratch.org)
system and I am at the step just before installing XFree86 and OpenGL.

First Question: When I first untarred ogl-sample and tried compiling it,
the make World hung,  so I digged and found this at line 105 in
main/tools/libspec/libspec.sh

    while getopts "dD:T:P:" f

which I changed for:

    while getopts "d:D:T:P" f

Is this correct?  It does not hang any more but my understanding of Bash
is limited so I am not sure about this.

Second question:  Should I install XFree86 before trying to build
OpenGL? (I got some error messages about header files that could not be
found in the X11 directory (which is not in the XFree86 source tree but
would be /usr/X11R6/include/X11 after installation of X))

Third question:  I tried building on another linux from scratch system
that has X already installed.  I get some other error messages and OGL
sample does not build all the libraries it is supposed to build.  I
assume this is because some of the commands used in the scripts are not
installed in my system.  What are the prerequesites for building OGL
sample (appart from awk and Perl)?  On my side I will make a log of the
build and examine the things I seem to be missing.

Thank you,

Pierre Cyr