Re: [ogl-sample] gl.spec file missing offset values

To: Dave Shreiner <shreiner@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] gl.spec file missing offset values
From: Brian Paul <brianp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:10:45 -0700
Cc: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dave Shreiner wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
>    I've added all the changes with the exception of the "alias
> DeleteTextures" one.  Since glDeleteTexturesEXT() and glDeleteTextures()
> aren't strictly aliases of each other (there's an issue with their
> associated GLX protocol), that alias doesn't fit.  Why did you want them
> aliased, and is there some other approach that we could reach a
> consensus on?  It'd be better to know direct from the source, as
> compared to trying to second guess what you're thinking.

I explained the "alias DeleteTextures" in another email last week.
Didn't that go through either???

I can live without that fix but if it's not an alias function then it
should have its own dispatch offset.

Here's the original message again:

----
I believe the gl.spec entry for glDeleteTexturesEXT is missing
an 'alias' line:

DeleteTexturesEXT(n, textures)
        return          void
        param           n               SizeI in value
        param           textures        Texture in array [n]
        category        EXT_texture_object
        dlflags         notlistable
        version         1.0
        glxflags        EXT
        glxvendorpriv   12
        extension
        glsopcode       0x0149

I went back through some old versions of gl.spec and found that
in version 1.2 of the file there was an alias:

        alias           DeleteTextures

But in version 1.3 of gl.spec it was removed.  The check-in log
for version 1.3 is:

revision 1.3
date: 2000/05/16 23:24:14;  author: ljp;  state: Exp;  lines: +105 -53
Update spec file with new opcodes, fixed function names. Allow
generating glext.h with or without prototypes. Minor build and man page
tweaks.

Perhaps this was an accidental delete.

Can this be fixed, please?

-Brian