Re: [ogl-sample] Re: DGL?

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Re: DGL?
From: "Stephen J Baker" <sjbaker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:00:21 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Tim Wiess wrote:

> Dave,
>
> > Do you mean the "Distributed Graphics Library"
>
> That is what I meant, but I thought DGL was also incorporated into
> Open GL.

I think you are thinking of the GLX protocol - which IS appearing
under Linux.  That's the thing that lets you run a program on
one computer and have the OpenGL be rendered on another (as
opposed to simply having the pixels being sent across the net
after rendering is complete).

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@xxxxxxxx           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@xxxxxxxxxxx       http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1