Re: [ogl-sample] gl.spec file missing offset values

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] gl.spec file missing offset values
From: Brian Paul <brianp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:55:47 -0600
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Brian Paul wrote:

> > We want to implement the GL_EXT_secondary_color extension in Mesa.
> > A number of Mesa/DRI's GL API dispatch files are generated from the
> > gl.spec file included in the SI (just like the SI generates some
> > similar files).
> >
> > Unfortunately, gl.spec (the one in
> > OGLsample/projects/ogl-sample/main/doc/registry/specs/gl.spec)
> > does not have 'offset' values assigned to the entrypoints for
> > GL_EXT_secondary_color.  A bunch of other extensions don't have
> > offsets assigned either.  We can't generate our dispatch files
> > without this information.
> >
> > Can someone fix this, please?
>
> I'd be happy to fix this myself and send in a patch.  Would it be
> accepted?

I've filled in the dispatch offsets that we need, starting with 561.
Below is a context-diff patch.

Will someone at SGI please apply this, or fill in those offsets as
you see fit?

Thanks.

-Brian
*** gl.spec.orig        Thu Oct 26 13:48:33 2000
--- gl.spec     Thu Oct 26 13:52:06 2000
***************
*** 69,75 ****
  #                             2048-2082   (SGI extensions)
  #                             4096-4123   (1.2 core and multivendor EXT)
  #                             4124-4142   (EXT extensions)
! # XFree86 dispatch offsets:   0-560
  #
  # New opcodes and offsets must be allocated by SGI in the master registry
file;
  #    a copy of this is in doc/registry/extensions/extensions.reserved, but
only
--- 69,75 ----
  #                             2048-2082   (SGI extensions)
  #                             4096-4123   (1.2 core and multivendor EXT)
  #                             4124-4142   (EXT extensions)
! # XFree86 dispatch offsets:   0-577
  #
  # New opcodes and offsets must be allocated by SGI in the master registry
file;
  #    a copy of this is in doc/registry/extensions/extensions.reserved, but
only
***************
*** 8022,8028 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3bvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3bvEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8022,8028 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3bvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          561

  SecondaryColor3bvEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8031,8037 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3dEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8031,8037 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          562

  SecondaryColor3dEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8041,8047 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3dvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3dvEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8041,8047 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3dvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          563

  SecondaryColor3dvEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8050,8056 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3fEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8050,8056 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          564

  SecondaryColor3fEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8060,8066 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3fvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3fvEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8060,8066 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3fvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          565

  SecondaryColor3fvEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8069,8075 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3iEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8069,8075 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          566

  SecondaryColor3iEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8079,8085 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3ivEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3ivEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8079,8085 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3ivEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          567

  SecondaryColor3ivEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8088,8094 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3sEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8088,8094 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          568

  SecondaryColor3sEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8098,8104 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3svEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3svEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8098,8104 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3svEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          569

  SecondaryColor3svEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8107,8113 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3ubEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8107,8113 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          570

  SecondaryColor3ubEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8117,8123 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3ubvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3ubvEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8117,8123 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3ubvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          571

  SecondaryColor3ubvEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8126,8132 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3uiEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8126,8132 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          572

  SecondaryColor3uiEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8136,8142 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3uivEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3uivEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8136,8142 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3uivEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          573

  SecondaryColor3uivEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8145,8151 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3usEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
--- 8145,8151 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          574

  SecondaryColor3usEXT(red, green, blue)
        return          void
***************
*** 8155,8161 ****
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3usvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          ?

  SecondaryColor3usvEXT(v)
        return          void
--- 8155,8161 ----
        category        EXT_secondary_color
        vectorequiv     SecondaryColor3usvEXT
        version         1.1
!       offset          575

  SecondaryColor3usvEXT(v)
        return          void
***************
*** 8164,8170 ****
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          ?

  # pointer is really 'in'
  SecondaryColorPointerEXT(size, type, stride, pointer)
--- 8164,8170 ----
        version         1.1
        glxropcode      ?
        glsopcode       ?
!       offset          576

  # pointer is really 'in'
  SecondaryColorPointerEXT(size, type, stride, pointer)
***************
*** 8180,8186 ****
        extension
        glsflags        client