Re: [ogl-sample] internalformat param inconsistency

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] internalformat param inconsistency
From: Craig Dunwoody <dunwoody@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:15:22 -0700
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Brian,

brianp@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Michael Vance at Loki found this one:
> The GL_ARB_texture_compression spec says that the internalformat
> parameter to glCompressedTexImage[123]DARB() should be a GLint.
> However, the glext.h file (generated from gl.spec) has internalformat
> as a GLenum.
> Can someone fix this, then generate a new glext.h file?

I just asked Jon Leech about this, and it turns out the problem is
that the GL_ARB_texture_compression spec document that is currently on
the SGI Web site is slightly out of date wrt the final document that
the ARB actually approved.  We'll fix this problem shortly.

Just before the document was approved by the ARB, a change was made to
clarify that <internalformat> is indeed a GLenum.  So the current
glext.h is correct.

-c
Craig Dunwoody
dunwoody@xxxxxxx