Re: [ogl-sample] GLU SPECS file

To: Olivier Michel <Olivier.Michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] GLU SPECS file
From: Craig Dunwoody <dunwoody@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:06:11 -0700
Cc: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx, brianp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for sending me your GLU RPM spec file.

olivier writes:
> I had a look at it, but I could not make any useful thing with it...
> (many apparently interesting things are actually commented out). Is it
> broken ? Are there any instructions on how to use it ?

There are 3 RPM spec files currently in the SI tree under main/rpmspecs:
    oss-opengl-glu.spec
    oss-opengl-glw.spec
    oss-opengl-glman.spec

I don't think they're necessarily broken.  I am not aware of any
instructions that go with them, and I haven't had a chance to try them
myself.  I'd like to have a chance to understand the problem a bit
better, and participate in a larger discussion of OpenGL RPM packaging
issues (as Brian suggested), before putting effort into rearranging
the RPM packaging in the SI tree.  In the meantime, I think adding
your packages to the Mesa site is a good contribution.

-c
Craig Dunwoody
dunwoody@xxxxxxx