Re: [ogl-sample] Re: [Mesa3d-dev] GLU rpm available from SGI sample imp

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Re: [Mesa3d-dev] GLU rpm available from SGI sample implementation
From: Olivier Michel <Olivier.Michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:38:17 +0200
Cc: mesa3d-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James A. Treacy" <treacy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Brian Paul wrote:

> Olivier Michel wrote:
> >
> > Good news!
> >
> > The SGI sample implementation CVS was updated this week-end with many
> > minor bug fixes that make it now possible to build a GLU rpm directly
> > from the SGI CVS tree that works fine with Mesa.
> >
> > I built it yesterday night for ppc and i386. The name of the files
> > I created are:
> >
> > oss-opengl-glu.spec (1.6 KB) -> my RPM spec file
> > ogl-sample.20000925.tgz (1.7 MB) -> the source from the CVS tree
> > oss-opengl-glu-20000925-1.i386.rpm (212 KB) -> binary package for i386
> > oss-opengl-glu-20000925-1.ppc.rpm (242 KB) -> binary package for ppc
>
> Is the /usr/include/GL/glu.h header included in the binary RPM?

Yes. By the way I put it in /usr/include/GL but I discovered that some recent
Mesa-devel packages put the include files in /usr/X11R6/include/GL and the
libraries in /usr/X11R6/lib/. My package defaults to /usr/include/GL for the
includes and /usr/lib for the lib. However, it is relocatable that is users
can install it in /usr/X11R6 by typing rpm -Uvh --prefix=/usr/X11R6
package.rpm. But the question is: What is the standard localtion for Mesa
include and libraries, /usr or /usr/X11R6 ?

> Is there also a gluext.h file?

No. Nothing looking like this is produced by SGI sample OpenGL...

> > the process for building the rpm is very easy:
> >
> > 1) copy the oss-opengl-glu.spec in the rpm SPECS directory
> > 2) copy the ogl-sample.20000925.tgz in the rpm SOURCES directory
> > 3) cd to the SPECS directory and type rpm -bb oss-opengl-glu.spec (bb
> > stands for build binary)
> > 4) you get the binary package in the rpm RPMS/i386 or RPMS/ppc directory
> >
> > Unfortunatelly, I have no room to host these files online, but I would
> > be a pleasure for me to upload them anywhere, so that they are available
> > to anyone.
>
> I could put them on the Mesa site.  Ideally, they should also be on
> SGI's site.

Ok, thanks. How to we proceed ? Shall I upload it somewhere or send it to you
as an e-mail attachment ?

> > By the way, my spec file could be included into the CVS tree of the
> > ogl-sample ?
> >
> > I also have the same set of files to build a Mesa rpm package without
> > Mesa GLU (to use the GLU from the above package).
> >
> > Let me know if anyone can host my files.
> > Thanks!
>
> -Brian

-Olivier