Re: [ogl-sample] SGI SI GLU integration

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] SGI SI GLU integration
From: Olivier Michel <Olivier.Michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:04:43 +0200
Cc: mesa3d-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Sorry, I was off last week and I am just back from holidays reading my
142 e-mails...
Apparently Dave commited a number of changes I requested. However, it is
apparently not yet complete (since the glu.h header is not yet fixed, it
still includes the OpenGL 1.0 compatibility lines), but I guess Dave is
currently working working on that...
Hence my RPM .spec file doesn't work yet from the CVS source (the glu.h
file still needs to be patched by hand). However, I can provide all what
I have:

1) The method to patch the glu.h and build the rpm from my modified
.spec file. This might be useful to build binary rpms for other
platforms. I will send them upon request.

2) The binary package for linux i386 (it is already available from
ftp://ftp.cyberbotics.com as mentioned in a previous e-mail, along with
a RPM package for Mesa without its GLU).

Otherwise, we have to wait for Dave to fix the glu.h problem and to
add/merge my RPM .spec file to the CVS tree.

I will rebuild the binary RPMs for linux i386 for both SGI SI GLU and
Mesa core GL (without GLU) as soon as Mesa-3.3 is out. However, I would
appreciate if they could be hosted somewhere else than on my ftp site
(since it cannot support high traffic).

By the way, how should I name the final versions of those packages ?

mesa-without-glu-3.3-1.i386.rpm and sgi-si-glu-1.3-1.i386.rpm, or simply
Mesa-3.3-1.i386.rpm and sgi-glu-1.3-1.i386.rpm ?

Another option could be to merge Mesa and SGI GLU into a single RPM
binary package named Mesa-with-sgi-glu-3.3-1.i386.rpm or simply
Mesa-3.3-1.i386.rpm (in this case, the RPM build process will be a bit
more tricky, but that's not a problem for me).

Personaly, I like the idea of the Mesa-3.3-1.i386.rpm containing
everything, but this might be conficting with other versions using Mesa
GLU. By the way, Brian, will you officially drop Mesa GLU, i.e., remove
it from Mesa distribution and recommanding to use SGI GLU instead ?

-Olivier