Re: [ogl-sample] SGI SI GLU integration

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx, mesa3d-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] SGI SI GLU integration
From: Olivier Michel <Olivier.Michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 16:29:11 +0200
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Good news: It was a bit tricky, but I successfully built 2 RPM binary
packages (for i386)

  ogl-sample-glu-1.3.04JUL00-1.i386.rpm and
mesa-without-glu-3.3.04JUL00-1.i386.rpm

I am not sure the names and version numbering are fine, but that's just
a first trial.

You may use rpm -Uvh with --nodeps or --force to get them installed
properly on differents Linux distros I could test it on Suze 6.4, Redhat
6.0 and Slackware 7.0 and seemed to work properly: the tesselator
doesn't crash my app any more :)

These packages are available at ftp://ftp.cyberbotics.com (you may also
download the other packages to test my app: webots).

I finally found the real problem with building the SGI libGLU from the
current CVS:

In the file glue.c, the functions

static const char *__glNURBSErrorString( int errno )

and

static const char *__glTessErrorString( int errno )

should not be defined as static because they are used by error.c. This
cause the libGLU.so doesn't work at runtime because it doesn't find
these functions called by error.c (which are local to glue.c).

So, the fix is pretty simple: just remove the static keyword for these
two functions in glue.c

Again, since I have no write access to the CVS, I hope someone could do
it for me.

Moreover I had to hack the glu.h problem by hand.

Thanks,

-Olivier