Re: [ogl-sample] Future notes

To: OpenGL SI list <ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Future notes
From: James Simmons <jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 22:16:05 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
> * The SI really needs a better build system. The current mode of setting
> environment variables and using GNU Make is kind of grotty, and not very
> portable. I'm thinking of migrating things over to autoconf and automake,
> to make things easier for everyone. The Imake stuff would remain, and of
> course building in the X tree will still be possible as now.

Thank you!! Thank you!! I like to see OpenGL more environment independent.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons  [jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]               ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer                             \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                               =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net                            U
http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net