Re: [ogl-sample] Having trouble building libglut.a on Irix 6.5

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Having trouble building libglut.a on Irix 6.5
From: Dave Shreiner <shreiner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:16:33 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Kathleen,

   Sorry for the delay.  Been away from the mail list for a while.

> I've installed all the various OpenGL bits 'n pieces(sources, .h
> files, etc) from the 6.5 CDs.

> I'm getting this error from the makefile in:
> /usr/share/src/OpenGL/toolkits/libglut

> /usr/include/X11/SGIFastAtom.h:183: unterminated string or character constant

   Here's what's in my SGIFastAtom.h file (with linenumbers).

167  #if 0 /* COMMENT */
168
169  To portably use fast atoms in X your code, put this in your #include
section:
170
171  #include <X11/Xatom.h>  /* This defines _SGI_EXTRA_PREDEFINES if fast
atoms are supported. */
172  #ifdef _SGI_EXTRA_PREDEFINES
173  #include <X11/SGIFastAtom.h>
174  #else
175  #define XSGIFastInternAtom(dpy,string,fast_name,how)
XInternAtom(dpy,string,how)
176  #endif
177
178  Then, where you would normally use XInternAtom or XmInternAtom, use:
179
180    atom = XSGIFastInternAtom(dpy, "WM_DELETE_WINDOW",
SGI_XA_WM_DELETE_WINDOW, False);
181
182  This lets your X source code using fast atoms work when compiled on X
183  implementations that lack SGI's fast atoms optimizations.
184
185  #endif /* END COMMENT */

   Is the "#if 0" in your header?  This file hasn't changed in quite
a while, so its probably not the rev of Irix.

> Also I read somewhere that there's a switch LCDEDFS = -DNO_FAST_ATOMS
> which I tried also - but that made no difference.

   I'm sure its a typo, but its "LCDEFS = ...".

   If its still a problem, can you provide any more info?

Thanx,
Dave

   Dave Shreiner                                   <shreiner@xxxxxxx>
   Silicon Graphics, Inc.                            (650) 933-4899