[ogl-sample] Updated license and extension registry

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ogl-sample] Updated license and extension registry
From: ljp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jon Leech)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
    There's been very little activity on this list recently. This has
primarily been because we've been working an issue about the SGI "Free
Software License B" license with Brian Paul, XFree86, and Precision
Insight. This is now resolved; see

        http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/news.html

    regarding the small change to the license, and a joint statement by
SGI and several other parties regarding stability of the OpenGL API,
which was at the heart of the issue. There are a couple of other
announcements - there's now an ogl-sample-cvs list to monitor commits to
the repository, and the OpenGL extension registry has been updated with
ARB-approved extensions from the December ARB meeting.

    Now that the licensing issue has been taken care of, we'll be able
to be much more responsive in evolving the SI codebase.

    Jon Leech
    SGI