RE: [ogl-sample] Problems Building Xfree86 using Quick Recipe

To: "'ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [ogl-sample] Problems Building Xfree86 using Quick Recipe
From: Andrea Wadell <awadell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:09:19 -0500
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, all,
  I also got the "incomplete type errors" and found that in
.../GL/opengl/g_disp.h, there is

    #if defined(_LANGUAGE_C) || defined(__cplusplus)

  around the  declaration of   struct __GLdispatchTableRec.

This "if defined" must have been evaluated to FALSE, since when I took it out,
I lost those incomplete type
errors (since now it was declaring the struct).

I then had to modify g_noptable.c to take out a lot of (void *) since the
compiler was complaining that it was not ANSI
permissible to set a function pointer to a (void *).

Then, I got link errors, which I got rid of by modifying s_global.c.  A similar
thing to above:

   #if defined(unix)

was blocking the definition of

         __GLcontext *__gc = NULL;

When I took this out, the link errors went away and I did get a build of the
server.
However!!!!  I haven't done anything with it like install it or run it - so
maybe it still isn't right...

It seems that unix and _LANGUAGE_C are not defined and should be.  Probably
it's better to define them than
to just remove the #ifdefs, and I will probably go back and do it that way...

Hope this is helpful.

Andrea Wadell
awadell@xxxxxxxxxxx