[ogl-sample] Problems Building Xfree86 using Quick Recipe

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ogl-sample] Problems Building Xfree86 using Quick Recipe
From: Fred Hantelmann <Fred.Hantelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:34:34 +0100 (MET)
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Platform: RedHat 6.1, egcs-2.91.66

After ignoring the missing file messages from gmake distsi, I built the
missing Makefile in $XTOPDIR/xc/programs/Xserver/GL/opengl by hand and
get rather impressive compile errors:

In file included from global.h:40,
                 from ddxcx.h:61,
                 from ddxci.c:39:
context.h:410: field `listCompState' has incomplete type
context.h:412: field `currentDispatchState' has incomplete type
context.h:413: field `savedDispatchState' has incomplete type

The identifiers shown above are declared as follows:

    __GLdispatchState *dispatchState;
    __GLdispatchState listCompState;
    __GLdispatchState *listCompExecState;
    __GLdispatchState currentDispatchState;
    __GLdispatchState savedDispatchState;

(hmm, is this a compiler bug?)
Later on, lots of errors occur like

g_lexec.c: In function `__glle_ListBase':
g_lexec.c:74: request for member `dispatch' in something not a structure or
union

>From this experience, I would like to know if anyone got the X-Server compiled
and/or what compiler version may do the job.

Any help will be appreciated,
fred.

- Dr. Fred Hantelmann              -
- Fred.Hantelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -