Re: [ogl-sample] Trouble with generated makefiles

To: ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ogl-sample] Trouble with generated makefiles
From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:57:02 +0100
Sender: owner-ogl-sample@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 03:52:09PM -0500, Andrea Wadell wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I'm trying to build the sample implementation following the Quick Recipe
> in the Jan 25  release notes.  I'm on Linux (redhat 6.1) and using X11
> 3.3.6.  I'm having problems with the generated makefile that ends up in
> $TOPDIR/gfx/lib/opengl/drivers/DDX.O.  gmake gives me errors such as
> "missing" or "invalid" separators when it tries to run this generated make
> file.  I have fixed some problems already - it looked like the single and
> double quotes in the generating GNUmakefile (at $TOPDIR/gfx/lib/opengl)
> were not being interpreted properly.  But I'm wondering if there isn't a
> particular shell/settings I should have. I'm new to linux as well as
> OpenGL.
>
> I appreciate your help.
> Andrea C. Wadell
> awadell@xxxxxxxxxxx

The attached patch may help you ... the trick is to replace
'echo' with 'echo -e'. Otherwise you won't get a tab in the
dynamically created Makefiles.

Stefan

Stefan Dirsch                 SuSE GmbH, Entwicklung
Tel: +49-911-7405331          Schanzaeckerstr. 10
FAX: +49-911-7417755          D-90443 Nuernberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany