RE: Why is packet socket checked before bridge in netif_receive_skb?

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Why is packet socket checked before bridge in netif_receive_skb?
From: "Simon Barber" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:22:54 -0700
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ok - and I'm guessing that the behavior is different for the protocol
specific case (i.e. packet socket bound to a specific protocol type)
because no application has needed it to be the same? (IE sniffers
normally bind to all protocols, and protocol specific apps like DHCP
servers don't need to see frames before the bridge hook - they would
normally see them on the brige itself).

Simon