Re: [TG3]: About hw coalescing infrastructure.

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TG3]: About hw coalescing infrastructure.
From: Eric Dumazet <dada1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:55:37 +0200
Cc: mchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
David S. Miller a écrit :

Please don't ever do stuff like that :-(  That makes the driver
version, and any other information you report completely meaningless
and useless.  You've just wasted a lot of our time.

Yes. But if you dont want us to test your patches, dont send them to the list.

For your information, 2.6.13-rc1 locks too.

Very easy way to lock it :

ping -f some_destination.

I have no idea to even know _WHICH_ IRQ spinlock patch you applied.

The one that ended up in Linus's tree has many bug fixes and
refinements.  The ones which were posted on netdev had many bugs and
deadlocks which needed to be cured before pushing the change upstream.