Re: netdev munching messages again?

To: tgraf@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: netdev munching messages again?
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hadi@xxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thomas Graf <tgraf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:00:48 +0200

> I'm not worried about a refused connections once in a while, I'm
> worried about that exactly those two messages that have been
> sitting in _my_ queue due to a refused connection to
> have been succesfully delivered and the others have not.
> Is there a messages/time limit somwhere? If so what's the limit?
> I tried with 30 seconds delay between each patch but that didn't
> help.

I see the delay due to SGI's firewall when I send postings
out too, and it's very annoying.

The fact that I can send an email faster to Herbert Xu
in Australia (several thousand miles away) than
(which is a short drive away) would be an amusing anecdote
if it didn't negatively impact my work.

I think it's time to move this list to a more reliable and
efficient place.

Ralf, thanks for all of your effort and time maintaining for our stay as guests via the netdev list.

I've created netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and folks can start
to join up there.  If someone knows the appropriate
archive maintainers to contact (
et al.) please let them know about this transition.  It
would be much apprecited.