Re: 2.4.30-hf1 do_IRQ stack overflows

To: Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.30-hf1 do_IRQ stack overflows
From: "Manfred Schwarb" <manfred99@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:59:50 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, davem@xxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

> The traces show huge networking execution paths.
>
> It seems you are using some packet scheduler (CONFIG_NET_SCHED)? Pretty
> much all
> traces show functions from sch_generic.c. Can you disable that for a test?

Yes, indeed, I made some experiments with it, but do not need it urgently.
I will disable it, thanks for the hint.
And I will report back.

> > Below my three overflow messages. Would the stack reduction patches of
> Badari Pulavarty
> > help in my case? If so, I would strongly vote for inclusion into 2.4
> series!!
>
> It has been decided that the stack reduction patches were too intrusive to
> be merged
> at this stage of v2.4 life.

OK, I got the message, I will consider upgrading to 2.6 sometime this
year...

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail