RE: Mystery packet killing tg3

To: "Stephen Hemminger" <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Mystery packet killing tg3
From: "Michael Chan" <mchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 23:27:38 -0700
Cc: jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> Initially, it reproduced everytime link came up, we
> reconfigured the VLAN to
> have a mirror port into a laptop to try and capture what was
> happening, but when
> we did that the bootup problem went away. It was in the tg3_reset_hw
> during initial dev_open.

During initial dev_open, the TG3_FLAG_INIT_COMPLETE flag is not set so
tg3_reset_hw() should not call tg3_abort_hw() where the stop_block calls are
made. So there should be no stop_block errors.

I think stop_block errors can only happen during dev_close, suspend, netdev
watchdog, or ethtool "set" calls.