Re: resend patch: xfrm policybyid

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: resend patch: xfrm policybyid
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:12:10 +1000
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 06:17:15PM -0400, jamal wrote:
> > This is still racy since delp can be killed by timers before you get
> > the lock.
> Ok, Herbert - this is fixable: I take it moving the lock one up is
> sufficient; i dont mind if you fix it and add it to your list.

I know it's fixable, but the problem is that the fix is likely to
make this function even uglier :)

What I still don't get is who would be using this feature.  No I
don't mean an example of how the ip command can do this :) I mean
a real-world scenario why someone or some KM would want do this and
why it can't be done easily with what we've already got.

BTW I very much like part where you added the dir to the policy
structure.  So if that can be split off I'd have no objections
in seeing it included.

Visit Openswan at
Home Page:
PGP Key: