Re: resend patch: xfrm policybyid

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: resend patch: xfrm policybyid
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:12:10 +1000
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 06:17:15PM -0400, jamal wrote:

> > This is still racy since delp can be killed by timers before you get
> > the lock.
>
> Ok, Herbert - this is fixable: I take it moving the lock one up is
> sufficient; i dont mind if you fix it and add it to your list.

I know it's fixable, but the problem is that the fix is likely to
make this function even uglier :)

What I still don't get is who would be using this feature.  No I
don't mean an example of how the ip command can do this :) I mean
a real-world scenario why someone or some KM would want do this and
why it can't be done easily with what we've already got.

BTW I very much like part where you added the dir to the policy
structure.  So if that can be split off I'd have no objections
in seeing it included.

Cheers,