Re: TCP performance drop 2.6.6->2.6.7

To: Baruch Even <baruch@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TCP performance drop 2.6.6->2.6.7
From: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:30:35 -0700
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Baruch Even wrote:
I have no clue *why* it happens, but a hint on when it happens. If I remove the ixgb driver from my .config, performance is back to normal. Note though that I don't even use the ixgb driver for my tests, it's just sitting idle on the machine and connected to nothing (the cisco router is turned off to reduce noise polution).

Check your interrupts - it's probably sending out a large number of interrupts which are clogging the system..

thanks,
Nivedita