Re: ip -6 addr flush dev <device> flushes also the autogenerated link-lo

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ip -6 addr flush dev <device> flushes also the autogenerated link-local address
From: Thomas Graf <tgraf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:14:00 +0100
Cc: Peter Bieringer <pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Maillist USAGI-users <usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Maillist netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
* jamal <1109801372.1098.228.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2005-03-02 17:09

> Is this a user space problem? I think we had something along these lines
> fixed recently. Thomas?

I didn't fix any of these but it's definitely a userspace problem.
One can easly work around this by iterating over all scopes
except for link local and provide the scope to flush. We'll have
to put additional filters into print_addrinfo() if we want this
to be default but I'm not even sure what the official policy should
be like. Any standards on this?