Re: Kernel 2.6 IPV6 Busted

To: Denis Vlasenko <vda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6 IPV6 Busted
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:12:40 -0500
Cc: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Quantum Scientific <Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Denis Vlasenko wrote:
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 18:26, Jeff Garzik wrote:

There are many very important optimizations we've had to disable
by default just in TCP alone because of NAT.

I don't think future Internet will be safe enough to open
corporate networks. I definitely won't do it.
NAT firewall in front of my net is an absolute requirement
for me.

However, IPv6 in Internet won't happen tomorrow,
no rush...

You don't need NAT to secure a corporate network.

I don't want outside world to even KNOW that I have a network
behind the firewall box. I don't want them to know
internal hosts' IPs.

 ...thus breaking the end-to-end connection model, and various protocols.

        Jeff