Re: filtering packtes before OS takes care about them

To: Asim Shankar <asimshankar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: filtering packtes before OS takes care about them
From: Pedro Fortuna <pedro.fortuna@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:36:38 +0000
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Asim,
I tried again but this time in Fedora Core 3 (kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3)
and it went flawlessly.
I have a look into your example and also into the Phrack article you
mentioned and now I'm ready to begin some tests towards what I want to

It's absolutly clear you can fetch (and modify) packets before they
are delivered to the TCP/IP stack with a custom packet_type function,
but is it also possible to intercept just before they are passed to
the network driver?

-Pedro Fortuna