Re: (usagi-users 03222) Re: support of IPv6 by NFS

To: Jeroen Massar <jeroen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: (usagi-users 03222) Re: support of IPv6 by NFS
From: Olaf Kirch <okir@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:19:05 +0100
Cc: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 04:08:32PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > There is no Linux 6to4
> >UDP tunnelling app, but there should be, because this is such a common
> >problem.  (As I understand, Teredo is Winduhs-only, and is not supported by
> >most tunnel operators)
>
> The protocol for Teredo is open and can be implemented at will:

Except that it's quite horrible, and it requires a centralized broker,
and IIRC it also makes assumptions about the way your NAT implementation
assigns ports.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch   |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir@xxxxxxx |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax