Re: Frequent Oops on Shutdown 2.6.10

To: AndyLiebman@xxxxxxx, herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Frequent Oops on Shutdown 2.6.10
From: AndyLiebman@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:30:13 EST
Cc: terryg@xxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, akpm@xxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I tested my server today several  times. I booted up and shutdown the server
eight times while running the 2.6.10  kernel. Six times the sever shut down
fine. Two times -- only when I had  unplugged the Ethernet connection during my
session -- I got the Oops when I  shut down Ini both cases, it was about 2
minutes after unplugging the Ethernet  cable.

So, do you know what this means? Sure, the easy solution  would be "don't
unplug the Ethernet cable while you're running." I can follow  that rule, but
out
in the field where the servers go, there will be accidents.

Should I still try that patch?

Regards,
Andy Liebman