Re: [XFRM]: Fix ICMP tempsel

To: Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XFRM]: Fix ICMP tempsel
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:12:19 +1100
Cc: "YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@" <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 09:35:14AM +0100, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> On second thought .. isn't there a risk of confusing userspace by
> changing the masks ?

It only affects xfrm_user users, of which I only know two -- Openswan
and ip(8).  Neither of which should care about it.

However, I forgot to do the fixup in __xfrm[46]_init_tempsel and
that is going to confuse the kernel itself :)

It is looking more and more like a nasty hack though so maybe
it's not worth it since the policy checks are still bloated enough
even after we do this.

Visit Openswan at
Home Page:
PGP Key: