Re: 2.6.11-rc2 TCP ignores PMTU ICMP (Re: Linux 2.6.11-rc2)

To: Janos Farkas <jf-ml-k1-1087813225@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.6.11-rc2 TCP ignores PMTU ICMP (Re: Linux 2.6.11-rc2)
From: David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:11:57 -0800
Cc: David Ford <david+challenge-response@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Art Haas <ahaas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I just got an interesting "I see these problems too" report.  It
may provide a useful clue.  According to "Art Haas" <ahaas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm running the current BK kernel now, and I'm not seeing the problems
> right now because, I found, I do not have some of the IP masquerading
> modules installed on my machine. When these modules get installed then
> the cvs/rsync problems appear.

I do have CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MASQUERADE=y on the system where I'm
seeing this, though it's not doing anything just now.  Haven't yet
made time to see if disabling it improves things ... but if that's
a factor, it could explain why more people aren't suffering with
this problem.

- Dave