Re: dummy as IMQ replacement

To: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dummy as IMQ replacement
From: Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:00:48 +0100
Cc: hadi@xxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Nguyen Dinh Nam <nguyendinhnam@xxxxxxxxx>, Remus <rmocius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andre Tomt <andre@xxxxxxxx>,, Andy Furniss <andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Damion de Soto <damion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:46:14PM +0200, Hasso Tepper wrote:

> This is somewhat related to killing the chance to use iptables as well ...
> Iptables has better documentation and people use it just because of that.

I'm afraid I have to agree on this one.  The idea behind iptables is
easy to grasp, whereas tc isn't totally obvious, and all tc 'tutorials'
out there just give you a long list of commands to type in but don't
really explain you what goes on under the hood.

And you can't just expect everyone to "Go look at the source."