Adding an IW_QUAL_ALL_UPDATED macro

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Adding an IW_QUAL_ALL_UPDATED macro
From: Dan Williams <dcbw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:27:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: jt@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jean,

Can we add something like:

#define IW_QUAL_ALL_UPDATED (IW_QUAL_QUAL_UPDATED
                             | IW_QUAL_LEVEL_UPDATED
                             | IW_QUAL_NOISE_UPDATED)

#define IW_QUAL_ALL_INVALID (IW_QUAL_QUAL_INVALID
                             | IW_QUAL_LEVEL_INVALID
                             | IW_QUAL_NOISE_INVALID)

these macros to wireless.h?  This would be helpful for drivers, many
of which seem to have "qual.updated = 7; /* all updated */" type
statements in them.

I'm also attempting to normalize some of the quality values in the
drivers, and to develop an understanding of the spreads of the quality
values in all of them.  I hope to post the data from this evaluation at
some point.  I'm fixing up the in-kernel drivers (and ipw2200 driver) to
correctly set the "qual.updated" field since most of them don't.

Dan