Re: netdev-2.6 queue updated

To: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: netdev-2.6 queue updated
From: Andy Isaacson <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:15:30 -0800
Cc: Netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:00:32PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> The attached changelog describes what I just pushed out to BitKeeper
> (and what should be appearing in the next -mm release from Andrew).
>
> Note to BK users:  please re-clone netdev-2.6, don't just 'bk pull'.

It's much more efficient to do
% bk undo -a`bk repogca`
(which deletes everything in the local repo that's not in the parent)
rather than pulling the entire repo over the wire again. [1]

You can check what would be deleted by this command with "bk changes -L"
similar to how you can "bk changes -R" to figure out what would be
pulled.

[1] Well, actually, it isn't *quite* that simple; in certain cases,
    repogca will delete more than it needs to.  But it's still more
    efficient than a re-pull.

-andy