Re: [DEBUG]: sk_forward_alloc assertion failures

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DEBUG]: sk_forward_alloc assertion failures
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:16:48 +1100
Cc: Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:19:14PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> The easiest way to fix this is to simply make do_tcp_sendpages()
> account just like tcp_sendmsg() does.  This is implemented below
> and should be the real fix for the sk_forward_alloc assertion
> failures.

Sorry, but this may bypass the memory checks if sk_forward_alloc
is less than mss_now.

Since the packet is bounded by mss_now, and most of the time it
will be exactly mss_now bytes long, how about if we simply
replace tp->mss_cache by mss_now?

Could you guys please give this patch a go?

Visit Openswan at
Home Page:
PGP Key: