Re: V2.4 policy router operates faster/better than V2.6

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: V2.4 policy router operates faster/better than V2.6
From: "Jeremy M. Guthrie" <jeremy.guthrie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:46:29 -0600
Cc: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 06 January 2005 03:36 pm, Robert Olsson wrote:
>  > I should have caught that sooner.   8(  Well, I have a window of
>  > opportunity here.  If you want I can still provide a broken environment
>  > but that seems pointless while NAPI is not acting right... what is
>  > evident is that this will run better till we start to bump up against
>  > the top of CPU0.
>
>  I don't follow...
Technically by turning off NAPI, I have 'solved' my short term packet loss
problem.

However I can still provide you a window to go through further troubleshooting
if it is beneficial.

>  The stats didn't show any numbers so we don't know your load.
Are you referring to the # of entries in the rt_cache table?

Jeremy M. Guthrie        jeremy.guthrie@xxxxxxxxxx
Senior Network Engineer        Phone: 608-298-1061
Berbee                           Fax: 608-288-3007
5520 Research Park Drive         NOC: 608-298-1102
Madison, WI 53711