Re: [patch 4/10] s390: network driver.

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 4/10] s390: network driver.
From: Paul Jakma <paul@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:30:11 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Spatzier <thomas.spatzier@xxxxxxxxxx>, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tommy Christensen <tommy.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 4 Jan 2005, jamal wrote:

Theres possibly people who would want it differently - so for we havent heard from them. Maybe poll far and wide - or push it in and wait for them to whine.

We're whining.

This policy in the Linux kernel makes using Linux dangerous for certain routing applications (RIP, routing advertisements).

Name a non-TCP application that *does* want this newish kernel policy and tell me how it breaks without this *new* policy. ;)

cheers,
jamal

regards, -- Paul Jakma paul@xxxxxxxx paul@xxxxxxxxx Key ID: 64A2FF6A Fortune: My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! -- William Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet"