Re: [2.6.9] Networking crash, slightly exotic setup, bridged tap/tun int

To: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [2.6.9] Networking crash, slightly exotic setup, bridged tap/tun interfaces
From: Mark Smith <random@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:30:36 +1030
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Arnaldo,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:00 -0200
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mark Smith wrote:
> > My kernel is only slightly modified from vanilla 2.6.9 - I've
> > increased
>
> Can you reproduce this with 2.6.10-rc3? 2.6.9 had several networking
> bugs fixed already in 2.6.10-rc3.

I'll install that, and report back a bit later. I've tended to stick to
"full figure" kernels to stay a bit more stable.

Admittedly, I don't know exactly what caused the oops, other than the
configuration I was playing with, so I don't think I can trigger
it on demand. I'll see how I go.

Thanks again,
Mark.