On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:44:24 -0400 (EDT)
> James Morris <jmorris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> > > I'm pleased to announce asynchronous crypto layer for Linux kernel 2.6.
> > Could you please resend as a patch against the latest bk snapshot?
> > i.e. output of 'diff -purN tree-a tree-b'
> Attached following patches:
I have compiled and booted with your patches. Not too much
playing around so far. Anyway some quick observations:
- "rmmod simple_lb" hangs because:
| <6>You are removing crypto load balancer simple_lb which is current and
| There is no other crypto load balancers. Removing is delayed untill new
| load balancer is registered.
Of course I can't re-add it because the module is still there. In this
case rmmod should fail with a gentle message (-EBUSY) instead of hang. Or
let it go if not in use.
- In the kernel config ACRYPTO depends on CONNECTOR, but is above it in
- I would choose a different directory strucrure. Instead of
drivers/acrypto and drivers/connector I'd put the device-independent
parrts info e.g. crypto/acrypto and the drivers (e.g. Fcrypt or PadLock)
- For other interested: concatenated patch with some very minor tweaks is
My changes are in mludvig.diff in the same directory.
It applies cleanly to BitKeeper tree as well.
* A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
* Personal homepage - http://www.logix.cz/michal