I used 'diff -Nru' this time.
Sorry about last time. Ignorance~~~ :)
Tense in the doc goes back and forth, making it a
little difficult to understand.
I hope I understood the documentation w/ small changes
diff -Nru ../linus-2.6/net/sched/sch_api.c sch_api.c
--- ../linus-2.6/net/sched/sch_api.c 2004-09-02
+++ sch_api.c 2004-09-13 14:53:30.726090760 -0700
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@
checks and part of work, which is common to all
and to provide rtnetlink notifications.
- All real intelligent work is done inside qdisc
+ All real intelligent work is done inside each
@@ -87,29 +87,29 @@
dequeue usually returns a skb to send. It is
allowed to return NULL,
- but it does not mean that queue is empty, it just
- discipline does not want to send anything this
+ but it does not mean the queue is empty; it means
+ the discipline does not want to send anything this
Queue is really empty if q->q.qlen == 0.
- For complicated disciplines with multiple queues
q->q is not
- real packet queue, but however q->q.qlen must be
+ For complicated disciplines with multiple queues,
q->q is not
+ real packet queue whereas q->q.qlen must be valid.
- enqueue returns 0, if packet was enqueued
- If packet (this one or another one) was dropped,
- not zero error code.
+ enqueue returns 0, if packet enqueues
+ If packet (this one or another one) is dropped, it
+ non-zero error code.
NET_XMIT_DROP - this packet dropped
- Expected action: do not backoff, but wait until
queue will clear.
- NET_XMIT_CN - probably this packet
enqueued, but another one dropped.
- Expected action: backoff or ignore
- NET_XMIT_POLICED - dropped by police.
- Expected action: backoff or error to real-time
+ Expected action: do not back-off, but wait until
+ NET_XMIT_CN - probably this packet is
enqueued, but another packet isdropped.
+ Expected action: back-off or ignore
+ NET_XMIT_POLICED - packet is dropped by police.
+ Expected action: back-off or error to real-time
- requeues once dequeued packet. It is used for
+ requeues once packet is dequeued. It is used for
just buggy devices, which can defer output even if
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!