Re: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel

To: <ravinandan.arakali@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel
From: "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:54:53 -0700
Cc: jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, leonid.grossman@xxxxxxxx, raghavendra.koushik@xxxxxxxx, rapuru.sriram@xxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:42:51 -0700 Ravinandan Arakali wrote:

| Hi,
| Attached are the updated patches. It is designed to work on the latest
| kernel. Also, this time the submission is split to 3 patches(they need
| to applied in the order mentioned below).
|
| s2io_styling_level1  - Contains
|                              a. styling related, function name changes.
|                              b. fix for 32-bit systems.
|                              c. modified Transmit descriptor allocation
| strategy.
|                              d. miscellaneous fixes.
| with_napi_level2     - Fixes/tunes NAPI feature
| with_2buff_level3    - Adds support for 2-buffer mode.
|
| Please review and get back with your comments.

The focused nature of the NAPI and 2BUFF patches are good IMO.

It would be very helpful if the styling patch had all comments/whitespace/style
changes split out from it (maybe 3000 of the 4000 lines of the patch).
Then we (reviewers) could spend time focusing on the important parts of
your patches, and the styling patch could go with some lighter review.

I'd like to help Jeff with some review here, but it's become too painful &
time-consuming for me to wade thru the patches looking for the
more-important parts of such a large patch, so I'll have to leave it to
Jeff and other netdev regulars.

--
~Randy