Re: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel

To: ravinandan.arakali@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:52:50 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, leonid.grossman@xxxxxxxx, raghavendra.koushik@xxxxxxxx, rapuru.sriram@xxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ravinandan Arakali wrote:
Jeff,
We tried it out with 2.6.7. Can you pls specify the kernel version
on which you tried and we will send a patch which works for that version.
We will also send a more detailed description of the changes along with
that.

Always diff against the latest version of the kernel. You can find out the latest version by going to http://www.kernel.org/ You'll typically want the latest snapshot (preferably), or the latest pre-patch.

Standard patch submission format is described at http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html and in Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

When submitting a series of patches, it is normal patches to depend on preceding patches.

        Jeff