RE: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel

To: "'Jeff Garzik'" <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel
From: "Ravinandan Arakali" <ravinandan.arakali@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:45:55 -0700
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <leonid.grossman@xxxxxxxx>, <raghavendra.koushik@xxxxxxxx>, <rapuru.sriram@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jeff,
From the time we generated the patch to the latest kernel version(2.6.8.1),
there seems to be a one line change(see change below) in s2io.c(done by
one of the community developers). So, our patch may not apply cleanly.
If you want us to regenerate the patch, we'll do it but the patch itself
is still valid. Following is the change done in the latest 2.6.8.1 kernel:

1428c1428
<               skb = dev_alloc_skb(size + HEADER_ALIGN_LAYER_3);
---
>               skb = dev_alloc_skb(size + NET_IP_ALIGN);
1434c1434
<               skb_reserve(skb, HEADER_ALIGN_LAYER_3);
---
>               skb_reserve(skb, NET_IP_ALIGN);

Thanks,
Ravi