modifying tcp/ip stack

To: net dev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: modifying tcp/ip stack
From: cranium2003 <cranium2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:46:21 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux net <linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
        I want to modify existing protocol stack as
given below.
        What exactly i want to do is that i want to
add a new protocol headerin between IP and ETHERNET
header.
        I want to implement packet structure as
(Ethernet header +MY header + IP header +TCP header +
PAYLOAD) that mean when packet comes from NIC it
should first remove MY header in my routine then IP
header in ip_input.c file.
        Also at transmitting end packet at IP layer
with (IP header + TCP header +PAYLOAD)structure passed
to ip_output.c then given to my routine for adding a
new protocol header on that packetand then to Ethernet
layer.
        I want your help to know what changes i
require to do in kernel 2.4.24 to achieve this?
         Please kindly reply me.
Thaking you.

Regards,
Parag.