Re: Broadcom 4400 driver bm44

To: Pekka Pietikainen <pp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Broadcom 4400 driver bm44
From: James Hubbard <jameshubbard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:49:55 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:43:46 +0300, Pekka Pietikainen <pp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, after some digging around ALLMULTI breaking is not a bug, the
> vendor-provided driver seems to break in similar ways, at least on 2.6,
> so that's a feature unless they fix it in theirs so I can copy the fix :-)
>
> I put a lots'o'debugging + some bit-flipping reordering to look
> more like bcm4400 version at http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~pp/b44-test.tgz.
> Probably won't fix the problem, but it's worth a shot I suppose.
>
> Should compile with
>
> make -C /lib/modules/<version>/build modules SUBDIRS=$PWD
>
> As a workaround I suppose ifconfig eth1 promisc might do the trick too.

Hello,

Just to let you know, I've not forgotten about this problem.  I've got
another Dell laptop  that I can reproduce it on.  I'm going to try to
get the stock 2.6.7 kernel on it and try it out.  Hopefully I can get
you some more information by the end of the week.

James

--
James Hubbard
http://www.mcs.uvawise.edu/~jhubbard