Re: in-driver QoS

To: Vladimir Kondratiev <vkondra@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: in-driver QoS
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Jun 2004 08:17:51 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, jt@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 01:55, Vladimir Kondratiev wrote:

> > Vladimir - do you have one of these cards? Jean is putting some my
> > doubts in my mind about their designs. Do they have seperate DMA rings?
>
> Good question. Until I can really answer, let's say "in theory, all next
> generation wireless cards should have similar design". Hint: I have also mail
> ending by intel.com

Ok, fine.

> Sounds good. Next step is integrated service, where, prior to use some
> priority, STA have to allocate bandwidth and get admission from AP.

That part is easy using the current linux qdiscs - the hard part is
getting the separate ids for each FIFO/DMA ring.

> > Do you wanna try this? I could give you a hand but dont have much time
> > to code at the moment. I could point you to the different pieces of code
> > that need mods and suggest the changes.
>
> It would be great help. Please...
> I promise to share results.

Well, you are doing most of the work;-> Let me knwo when you have the
NIC then we could start. Actually we could discuss even before you get
the NIC; lets take it offline.

cheers,
jamal