Re: r8169, 2.6.2-rc2, Sager 4780 laptop

To: Francois Romieu <romieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: r8169, 2.6.2-rc2, Sager 4780 laptop
From: bhartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:57:20 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Here are the results using this new patch:

No SMP, no ACPI:  Appears to work well--transferred about 8 gigs okay
With SMP, with ACPI:  Interface locks up after a few MB
With SMP, no ACPI:  Interface locks up after a few MB
No SMP, with ACPI:  Appears to work well--transferred about 8 gigs okay

My laptop is *finally* reaching full usability!  Thanks!

I can live without SMP--this is just a single P4/HT, so I'm not losing
much.

Thanks again.  If there is any debugging info you need towards fixing the
SMP compatibility issue, just let me know, but I'm not in a hurry for
it.

Bradley Hartin - bhartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Communications and Network Administrator
Straus-Frank Company
Thanks,